Would you like to know How to Hide a Garden Hose? Firstly, hiding your hose is a simple but elegant way to keep it out of view. This guide will give you some ideas which include mounting a container on the wall or setting up an elaborate system. The first step is finding a location for your hose.
It’s time to reclaim your yard from those unsightly garden hoses strewn around. The most common thing to do would be to buy a hose reel. However, if you don’t have enough space in your garden to keep it then it wouldn’t be practical.
If this is the case with you, there are several other options out there. Follow along as we show you a few ways to get your hose out of sight so you can get water where you want it, without strangling your greens.
Garden Hose Types – How To Hide A Garden Hose
There are many types of hoses available which makes it a confusing task to select the one that is right for your needs. Therefore we thought it right to inform you about the types available, including the different connection options that come with it. You should also note that each one has its own unique qualities and benefits.
Hoses can provide you with a variety of benefits, from watering your lawn to creating an attractive trellis for growing plants. However, they can be bulky, heavy, and difficult to roll up when needed. Fortunately, modern designs give us several options on how to hide a garden hose. Have a look at the hose types below before making your choice:
- Polyurethane Hose – Lightweight and durable.
- Vinyl Hose – Reinforced with nylon materials yet less expensive.
- Rubber Hose – This pliable hose has a long lifespan, is versatile, and is durable.
- Polymer Hose – It is best for drinking water as it is safe from impurities and it is lightweight and easy to transport.
- Metal Hose – Expensive but lightweight and kink resistant.
- Quick Connectors – These are ideal for attaching the hose to the faucet or irrigation system for your garden. They also protect the coupling threads.
- Hose Collars – They are efficient at reinforcing your hose to avoid damage.
- Rubber Washers – These should be used in the hose couplings as they are long-lasting.
- Hose Hiders – These are amongst the most popular and efficient storage options for a neat and tidy yard and garden.
Caring for a garden hose requires a certain amount of diligence. If you want to keep it free of kinks, you should always store it when not in use. Also, it is advisable to keep the hose and connectors clean and sanitary especially if it is used for drinking water.
The Benefits Of A Garden Hose
Hoses are beneficial because they protect your plants from dry spells and pests. Keeping them hidden and out of sight while they are not in use is a smart move that will help keep your property looking clean.
Gardening can be a relaxing activity, as although it gets your hands dirty, it often provides a delicious yield. However, one of its demands is that you need to have an endless supply of water nearby in order to keep your plants hydrated to prevent them from wilting. That’s where the hidden garden hose comes in handy.
They are one of the most helpful items to have around. Not only are they used for watering plants, but they can also be used as a quick and easy way for cleaning tasks. These include washing your car, yard, and windows without any hassle. Being one of the most used items, extending the life of your hose is important.
Decorative Hose Hideaway
So, How To Hide A Garden Hose? If you are looking for decorative ways to do so, well, we have a few neat ideas that you could opt for. We all know that although these tools are handy, they can be pretty unsightly, especially when you have to store them outside.
Hose hiders come in many styles and designs, including decorative ones that can be placed in the yard or garden without drawing attention away from surrounding plants. It keeps your hoses out of sight, but close by for easy use when watering plants or filling a bird bath. If you don’t want to buy or install an expensive hose reel, consider our suggestions.
LifeSmart Ribbed Steel Garden Hose Pot Holder with Lid Black 16 x 12 Inches
1. Hose Cart – A simple solution to hiding a garden hose is by using a decorative hose cart. They are made for storing and keeping garden hoses organized, neat and tidy. The outside can be decorated with paints to match the exterior décor of your yard or home.
2. Hose Hiding Planter – These are perfect to use as they not only store your hose but also enhance the overall look. They can be bought at local garden centers or you can opt to decorate them to fit in with your landscape.
3. Hose Hanger – This sturdy storage idea usually leaves your hose exposed. However, you can use your own ideas to create a neat cover for them. It will keep your hose out of sight and safe.
4. Hose Pots – These come in a variety of materials, designs, and colors and are effective at keeping your hose hidden.
5. Wire Baskets – Get creative and use different materials like wire baskets to hold your hose in a variety of ways. You can either keep it under cover or make it look like part of your landscaping.
Take Out Time to Also Read:
- Best Foam Cannon For A Garden Hose – Effective Car Washing Solutions and More
- Connect PVC Pipe To A Garden Hose – A DIY Guide To Plumbing Connections
Garden Hose Storage And Maintenance Tips
Garden hose hideaway storage is a great idea to save space in your yard and maintain your hose. A simple, maintenance-free design may include a stone planter with an opening on one side to hold the end of the hose when not in use, allowing for a neat and compact appearance.
Although hoses are great to have around, if left out in the rain, they can get tangled and damaged in the process. Here are a few tips to ensure that your hose is kept in the best condition.
- Now that you know how to hide a garden hose, you should use your imagination to create a unique and beautiful hideaway in your garden to protect them.
- Ensure that your hose is completely drained before storage.
- To protect your hose from the elements, choose a storage method that fits best into the space available in your yard or home.
- Hoses should not be exposed to harsh sun rays for extended periods of time as they could crack.
- Don’t let your hose get frozen in the cold season as it could become hazardous and burst.
- Ensure that your hose is regularly cleaned especially if you use it for drinking water.
- Always check the connectors and threads to ensure that they are in good working condition.
- A water pressure guage is recommended to ensure that your hose is compatible with specific applications.
Conclusion – How To Hide A Garden Hose
If you have to deal with a garden hose strewn around the yard, we have shown you a few ways to hide it. The best way would be by storing it in an inexpensive planter that you could decorate on your own. Choose a spot that you can easily access when you need to use the hose, and place the planter there.
In addition to conveniently storing it out of sight, a hose hideaway is helpful in that it can keep it wound neatly and tightly. Some common options like reels can also be easily attached directly to an outdoor wall or fence, which adds an extra level of protection from the elements.
As you can see, knowing how to hide a garden hose has several benefits. Aside from using eye-catching storage ideas that enhance your landscape, you can rest assured that your most helpful garden tool is well protected.