If you want to learn How to Make a Garden Hose Reel, then this blog post was written especially for you. Garden hoses are really important tools to have around, but they can also be a pain when it comes to storage.
Although there are several storage ideas to choose from, the best one for you will depend on your sense of style. However, garden hose reels are by far the most common and convenient way to store them.
If you enjoy DIY projects, then you would find the information in this article very useful. We have gathered incredible hose reel layouts that would be beneficial to your storage requirements. These strategies are affordable and simple to implement so, it will be easy to find the best one for you.
Garden Hose Reel Ideas
When it comes to garden hose reel ideas, it may seem like a tedious task. Well, I have to tell you that it’s not, especially if you have the correct materials and tools on hand. Knowing how to make a garden hose reel will be useful if you want to keep a tidy landscape.
Have a look at the suggestion below to see which one best suits your application needs.
Tire Rim Garden Hose Reel – How To Make A Garden Hose Reel
This is one of the simplest DIY hose reel designs available. Making and storing your garden hose reel is quick and simple if you opt for this idea. It is quite amazing how quickly you can transform an old rim into a unique garden feature that is practically cost-free.
Designer Garden Hose Reel
This simple DIY hose holder makes it easy to direct water to specific areas. Designer garden hose reels are usually made from aluminum. It is weatherproof and rust-free which extends its lifespan. If you have the materials to build one, I can assure you that you won’t regret it.
Stylish Hose Hook
There are several stylish hose hooks that you could opt for. They are easily available at local hardware or online and are quite affordable. It is a simple straightforward bracket that attaches to any solid post. It offers a contemporary, clean design, that is a great choice to enhance the layout of your yard.
DIY Garden Hose Reel
Looking for simpler DIY garden hose reel ideas? If so, we got a few easy options that show you how to make a garden hose reel. They can be made with material that you have lying around in your yard or garage and is simple to do.
1. Garden Storage Pallet
This garden hose reel is ideal for you if you’re on a budget as it also has a variety of uses. It is a practical yet fashionable DIY hose reel that calls for inexpensive wood pallets. The construction takes just a few minutes and you can customize it to your liking.
2. PVC Water Hose Caddy – How To Make A Garden Hose Reel
A water hose caddy is a smart construction that will afford you an organized garden. They are the best option for your garden hose as they are mobile and can be transported from place to place. PVC tubing and fittings are a cheap and simple way to create this caddy.
3. Water Hose Wallmount
This is the ideal option for you if you’re unclear about where to keep your garden hose. This do-it-yourself project takes is quite simple to put together and disassemble. All you need is to follow a few basic steps to mount it securely.
Click Here to Get Info About:
- How To Measure A Garden Hose Diameter – A Guide to Understanding Hose Sizes
- How To Repair A Garden Hose Hole – A Guide To Effective Hose Maintenance
Additional Hose Storage Tips
A homemade DIY Garden Hose Reel is the best choice especially if you are looking to save cost. As most people think that it is a difficult task to do, others that have tried doing it found it quite convenient. The trick is to know how to make a garden hose reel.
Keep in mind that the care and maintenance of your garden tools are important if you want them to last a long time. Therefore, we recommended the tips below to ensure that your hose is properly stored.
- Hose Butlers – These are delicate reels that are quite practical in design and build. The design is simple to make and can support a 200 feet hose.
- DIY Wall-mounted Reel – If you want your hose to stay in a fixed position, then this is the choice for you. It can accommodate more than one hose and is great if your water supply demand requires another hose. Remember, that it is simple and easy to install a handy wall-mounted hose reel.
- Extra Large Hose Holder – The DIY bulky garden hose holder is a fantastic option if you have several hoses and want to maintain a neat and tidy landscape. This hose holder is usually anchored in the ground with cement. You can also opt to use a tree limb or piece of wood for a simple, rustic finish.
Hose Reel Plans – How To Make A Garden Hose Reel
So, you have a few DIY garden hose reel plans but don’t know which one to go with. How about we lay out the benefits of a few strategies so you can have an idea of which one best suits your needs?
Have a look at the options below before you decide.
Homemade Premium Hose Reel
Do you have a post laying around in your garden? If so, you might be able to find a cool place to store your garden hose. You can anchor your hose at the chosen location after you fasten the post to the ground and decorate it as you wish.
Make A Hose Reel From Odds And Ends
If you have any unusual wood lying around, you can use them to construct a hose reel and enhance your landscape. However, ensure that your hose is stored close to the outdoor faucet especially if it is not long enough. This reel is a great idea to use odds and ends lying around the yard and is cost-effective. The end result will be a tidy yard and a neatly stored hose that won’t easily flaw.
Take Out Time to Also Read:
- How To Connect An Air Compressor To A Garden Hose – Exploring The Versatility Of A Garden Hose
- How Long To Water A Garden With A Soaker Hose – An Effective Irrigation System
Easy DIY Garden Hose Reel Plans
- To begin, construct four same-sized pieces of wood in a star shape.
- Take note of the center of each one before positioning the second piece of wood on top. Work with both sides to determine the appropriate width.
- To fit the four pieces together, cut out the wood between the two outer lines on each of the pieces.
- After that, you may insert each piece of wood into the other and secure them in place. This can be easily done using screws or nails.
- You could also create a crude reel that will comfortably wrap the entire hose around easily. Ensure that the wood pieces are properly fixed with screws.
- If you want the hose reel to have a rotational play, I suggest that you construct it on a frame using steel tubing.
- This is the best solution for a DIY garden hose reel as it will get rid of old wood pieces and afford you a well-managed landscape.
Conclusion – How To Make A Garden Hose Reel
Now that you know how to make a garden hose reel, why not give it a shot? The simple DIY garden hose reel plans listed above are simple and easy to do. Nobody wants a kinked or damaged hose lying around in the yard. The best way to avoid this is by implementing proper hose storage ideas.
These useful methods will provide your yard with a fashionable touch in an effort to eliminate hose damage. The majority of these ideas can be created with common tools and simple craftsmanship.
Whatever the case, make sure to utilize one of the aforementioned DIY garden hose reel plans to store your hose and preserve it in great shape. Here is a link with a few tips for storing big garden hoses.